Sona Comstar creates mergers & acquisition committee; appoints Praveen C. Rao as new Group CTO – ET Auto

baua


The voluntary M&A committee will aid in approving merger, demerger or arrangements, and approve entry into new verticals.

New Delhi: Sona Comstar, a leading auto component manufacturer, has decided to set up a mergers & acquisition(M&A) committee.

The voluntary M&A committee will aid in approving merger, demerger or arrangements, and approve entry into new verticals. It will also “review, evaluate, scrutinize and consider all proposals for making investments (including acquisition), divestments, strategic alliances/technological tie-ups, foreign collaborations by the company or by its subsidiaries and make appropriate recommendations to the Board of the company”, the company informed its investors.

The committee will be headed (Chairperson) by Sunjay Kapur, Non-Executive Director. Manisha Girotra, Independent Director, and Vivek Vikram Singh, Managing Director and Group CEO, will be members of the committee.

The Gurguram-based company also informed its investors in its exchange filings that Praveen Chakrapani Rao is appointed as its Group CTO and SMP, succeeding Kiran Manohar Deshmukh. Chakrapani Rao who has 24 years of experience in the company will take charge on November 1, 2024.

The company will invest INR 83 lakh into a special purpose vehicle (SPV), to be incorporated by Cleantech Solar India OA 2 Pte Ltd (Cleantech), as a developer. The group captive solar power project is for its Chennai facility. Sona Comstar will acquire 26% equity in the SPV and Cleantech the remaining 74%.

Sona Comstar, which provides components for electrified and non-electrified powertrain segments, has recorded a revenue of INR 885 crore with 19% YoY growth for the quarter ended March 31, 2024.

  • Published On May 2, 2024 at 07:52 AM IST

Join the community of 2M+ industry professionals

Subscribe to our newsletter to get latest insights & analysis.

Download ETAuto App

  • Get Realtime updates
  • Save your favourite articles


Scan to download App


US automakers just can’t seem to make up their minds about EVs. Last fall, GM…

Mercedes-Benz USA is introducing options for its 2025 eSprinter van that include an 81 kWh…

This June, as many travelers make plans to attend Pride Month events around the world,…