New-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift garners over 40,000 bookings since launch

baua


The new Maruti Suzuki Swift has garnered over 40,000 bookings within a month of launch and was already the best-selling car from the brand with a whol

The 2024 Maruti Suzuki Swift is currently available only in the petrol guise with the CNG variants set to arrive later in the year

The fourth-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift was launched last month and the popular-selling hatchback is already off to a good start garnering over 40,000 in the first month of sales. Partho Banerjee, Senior Executive Officer, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, revealed the development during a recent interaction with the media. Maruti Suzuki reported a wholesale of 19,393 units of the Swift in May, making it the brand’s bestselling model of the month, surpassing cars like the Dzire and WagonR.

Banerjee emphasised that the company only introduced the petrol version of the new-gen Swift, and the 40,000 bookings number is a very response for the model. Maruti Suzuki is anticipating the numbers will grow even further once the CNG variants are introduced in a few months.

Also Read : 2024 Maruti Suzuki Swift drive review: Right car in wrong time?

Maruti Suzuki Swift
The Swift is packed with six airbags as standard and also gets crucial safety features like Hill Hold Control and ABS with EBD

Maruti Suzuki revealed that the manual variants of the new Swift remain most popular garnering over 83 per cent of the bookings, while the remaining 17 per cent are for the AMT variants. The company also revealed that about 50 per cent of the bookings are for the mid-spec VXI variant.

The new-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift is priced from 6.49 lakh onwards, going up to 9.64 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The automaker revised prices across its AMT models recently announcing a price cut of 5,000 to boost the sale of the AMT variants across its small car range.

Watch: New Swift 2024 Review: Is it swifter with new engine? | What’s new in 2024 Maruti Suzuki Swift?

The 2024 Swift also gets a newly-developed 1.2-litre three-cylinder Z-Series engine that churns out 80 bhp and 112 Nm of peak torque. While power figures are down compared to the older 1.2-litre K-Series motor, the new engine boasts high on fuel efficiency, as Maruti Suzuki claims a fuel efficiency of 25.72 kmpl for the car.

First Published Date: 03 Jun 2024, 06:28 AM IST

The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has introduced two new standards – IS 18590: 2024…

She presses her foot on the pedal, passes a lime green Beetle like hers, then…

By: HT Auto Desk | Updated on: 24 Jun 2024, 06:29 AM The new Skoda…