The Tesla Semi is a Class 8 electric semi-trailer truck developed by Tesla, Inc. It is designed to revolutionize the trucking industry by providing a sustainable and cost-effective transportation solution. The Tesla Semi has already received pre-orders from major companies such as PepsiCo, Walmart, and UPS. In this article, we will explore the detailed specifications, dimensions, cost country-wise, charging options, variants, and performance of the Tesla Semi.
The Tesla Semi comes with two motor configurations, a Standard Range version, and a Long Range version.
- Motors: Four independent electric motors
- Battery: 500 kWh (Standard Range) or 800 kWh (Long Range)
- Range: up to 300 miles (Standard Range) or up to 500 miles (Long Range)
- Top speed: 65 mph (104 km/h) uphill with full load
- 0-60 mph: as quick as 5 seconds (unloaded)
- Horsepower: up to 1,000 hp
- Torque: up to 2,000 lb-ft
- Drive: All-wheel drive
- Weight: 80,000 lbs (36,287 kg) maximum
- Cargo capacity: up to 80,000 lbs (36,287 kg) maximum
- Towing capacity: up to 80,000 lbs (36,287 kg) maximum
- Length: 231.7 in (5,887 mm)
- Width: 96 in (2,438 mm)
- Height: 162 in (4,115 mm)
Costs by country:
The cost of the Tesla Semi is not officially announced yet, but the estimated price range is as follows:
- United States: starting at $150,000 to $180,000
- Canada: starting at CAD 200,000 to CAD 240,000
- United Kingdom: starting at £130,000 to £160,000
- Australia: starting at AUD 210,000 to AUD 260,000
- Europe: starting at €140,000 to €170,000
The Tesla Semi can be charged using Level 1, Level 2, and DC fast charging. The following charging options are available:
- Tesla Megacharger: up to 1 MW (DC fast charging)
- Third-party DC fast charging: up to 350 kW (DC fast charging)
- Level 2 charging: up to 80 amps (240V, 19.2 kW)
The Tesla Semi comes in two variants:
- Standard Range: up to 300-mile range, starting at $150,000 to $180,000
- Long Range: up to 500-mile range, starting at $180,000 to $200,000
The Tesla Semi is known for its impressive performance, with the Long Range version being able to travel up to 500 miles on a single charge. Here are some performance details:
- Standard Range: up to 300-mile range, 0-60 mph in 5 seconds (unloaded)
- Long Range: up to 500-mile range, 0-60 mph in 5 seconds (unloaded)
The Tesla Semi comes with many advanced features, including:
- Autopilot: The Tesla Semi comes with Autopilot, Tesla’s advanced driver-assistance system that enables the truck to steer, accelerate, and brake automatically.
- Enhanced Autopilot: The Enhanced Autopilot package adds features such as lane departure warning and automatic emergency braking.
- Full self-driving: The Tesla Semi is equipped with Tesla’s Full Self-Driving Capability, which enables the truck to navigate on its own in most driving situations.
- Energy efficiency: The Tesla Semi is