BMW C evolution or BMW CE 04 is the new electric scooter from BMW production line. This was the concept in 2017 which is now at the final stage of production line.
as per the CEO of BMW AG Oliver Zipse
The BMW CE 04 is our new electric star for the city. It combines an e-drive with emotion and motorcycling fun. The latest technology, and the best battery cells, which also provide power in the BMW iX. Just like the CE 04, all future new BMW Motorrad models for urban mobility will be pure electric
BMW electric scooter motor power and range
BMW C evolution has a powerful motor with a maximum output of 31kW or 42hp. It goes from 0 to 50 kmph in just 2.6 second which is far fair enough for electric scooter. There is another version in the BMW electric scooter called L3e-A1 vehicle class which has a motor output of 23kW or 31hp. maximum speed for both version has 120km/h.
The battery of the BMW C evolution has a capacity of 60.6Ah (8.9kWh) providing a range of 130 km however achievable is 100km which is fair enough to commute within the city.
BMW C evolution charging time and charging technology
The lithium-ion battery in the BMW scooter is charged using the integrated charging device either at a regular household socket, a wallbox or a public charging station. When the battery is completely flat, charging time ideally lasts 4 hours and 20 minutes.
With the quick charger available as an optional extra with an output of up to 6.9 kW (2.3 kW is the standard level), charging time is reduced to just 1 hour and 40 minutes when the battery is completely flat.
If the battery level is only 20 per cent and the battery is charged to 80 per cent of the BMW electric bike, the charging time is reduced to just 45 minutes with the optional quick charger.
Depending on the market, the standard charging cable with a charging capacity of 2.3 kW comes as standard with the BMW CE 04.
A Mode 3 charging cable is required for fast charging of BMW electric bike at the wallbox at home or at a public charging station for the BMW scooter. In the same way as with BMW automobiles,
BMW Charging solutions are available for the BMW CE 04, too – for maximum flexibility based on numerous customized programmes for charging at home, on the road and at work.
Other Highlights of BMW C evolution electric scooter
- Increased riding stability through slip control by means of ASC (Automatic Stability Control). DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) as an ex works option.
- Three riding modes “ECO”, “Rain” and “Road” for efficient, day-to-day use as standard. “Dynamic” riding mode for further enhanced riding pleasure as an ex works option.
- Directionally stable suspension with one-piece tubular steel main frame for smooth handling and a high level of ride comfort
- Powerful brake system with latest-generation ABS. ABS Pro with banking capability as an ex works option.
- 10.25” TFT colour screen with integrated map navigation for convenient route planning and extensive connectivity as standard.
Key Highlights for BMW electric scooter
- Rated output for BMW electric bike is 15 kW (20 hp). Maximum output 31 kW (42 hp). Reduced output version: 11 kW (15 hp) or 23 kW (31 hp).
- Ample cell capacity in the battery of 60.6 Ah (8.9 kWh).
- Range of approximately 130 kilometres for BMW scooter (reduced output version: 100 km).
- Short charging times and charging technology based on the system used in cars.
- Increased riding stability due to slip control by means of ASC (Automatic Stability Control). DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) as an ex works option.
- Three riding modes for this Bmw electric motorcycle are “ECO”, “Rain” and “Road” for efficient, day-to-day use as standard. “Dynamic” riding mode for further enhanced riding pleasure as an ex works option.
- Directionally stable suspension with one-piece tubular steel main frame.
- Powerful braking system with ABS. ABS Pro with banking capability as an ex-works option.
- 10.25-inch TFT colour screen with integrated map navigation and extensive connectivity as standard.
- Powerful LED lighting units all round. Adaptive Headlight Pro and light functions as ex works options.
- Storage compartments at the side and front. The side helmet compartment can now be operated while seated.
- Actively ventilated mobile phone charging compartment with USB-C charging port.
- Future-oriented design and colour scheme of BMW scooter
- Extensive range of optional extras and original BMW Motorrad Accessories as well as rider equipment.
C evolution Electric Maxi Scooter
Key highlights of Electric Maxi scooter from BMW
- Innovative electric drive system via drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled permanent magnet synchronous motor, toothed belt and ring gearing.
- Rated power output 11 kW (homologated according to ECE R85) and 35 kW peak output.
- Maximum torque 72 Nm (53 lb-ft).
- Top speed 120 km/h (75 mph).
- Acceleration 0 – 50 km/h (31 mph) in 2.7 s.
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.2 s.
- High range of 100 kilometres (62 miles) in practical operation.
- 4 ride modes available to choose from: Road, Eco Pro, Sail and Dynamic.
- Reversing aid for supremely easy manoeuvring.
- Torque Control Assist (TCA).
- High-voltage battery with high capacity of 8 kWh and innovative air cooling.
- Intelligent recuperation when coasting and when braking.
- this BMW electric motorcycle is Recharged from the domestic mains supply.
- Takes just 4 h to charge to 100 % capacity at 220V / 12A (220V / 16A = 3 h).
- Synergies with BMW Automobile harnessed during development.
- Electrical safety to passenger car standards.
- Hybrid chassis with agile handling due to low centre of gravity.
- Powerful braking system with ABS.
- Large TFT colour display.
- LED daytime running light and sidelight.
- Inspirational colour scheme and design.
Electric Maxi Scooter Battery, Motor, Range
The C evolution is powered by a drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled permanent magnet synchronous motor via a toothed belt and ring gearing.
The rated power output of this BMW electric motorcycle is 11 kW (15 hp), with a peak output of 35 kW (47 hp). This enables the C evolution to achieve a top speed of 120 km/h (75 mph, electronically limited) and gives it better acceleration than some maxi scooters powered by engines with displacements of 600 cc or more.
The generous 8 kWh capacity of the air-cooled lithium-ion high-voltage battery allows the two-wheeler to cover a range of up to 100 kilometres (62 miles) before it needs to be charged from any domestic mains supply.
When plugged in to a standard 220V domestic socket with a 12A charge current, recharging fully from empty takes around 4 hours (with 220V / 16A = 3 h).
BMW Electric Scooter Price
BMW C evolution Electric Scooter Price in The USA is the Ex-showroom Price Starting from $13,995. BMW C evolution Electric Scooter Price in India Rs 9,00,000
Dimension of BMW electric Scooter and Maxi scooter
|Length||86.2” (2,190 mm)|
|Width (incl. mirrors)||37.3” (947 mm)|
|Height (excl. mirrors)||49.4” (1,255 mm)|
|Seat height, unladen weight||Comfort Seat: 30.9″, Standard Seat: 30.1″|
|Inner leg curve, unladen weight||Comfort Seat: 69.7”, Standard Seat: 68.7″|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled||606 lbs (275 kg)1)|
|Permitted total weight||981 lbs (445 kg)|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||375 lbs (170 kg)|